All around the world, thousands of people are ditching the office and taking their working life on the road…
Freelancers are packing up their laptops and setting up shop in Thai cafes and Spanish coworking spaces, while entire companies are realising that they can slash their costs and have happier employees by allowing them to work from wherever they want.
Being able to see the world outside of a two-week vacation is pretty great, but it’s not just about the travel. It’s about doing away with all the constraints of office life – the commute, the cubicle, the bad coffee – and finding freedom in a more flexible way of working and living.
Travel While You Work is your guide to how you can make this transition too – whether you’re a freelancer or the head of your own company.
Over the course of over 300 pages, you’ll learn:
- The art of getting down to work fast in a new environment
- How to stay productive despite the hassles and distractions of travel
- Essential information about currencies and payments – including cross-currency payments
- Tips, tools and important principles for communicating with clients abroad
- A system for reliably hiring the best contractors and employees without meeting them in person
- How to manage a team when you’re all in different locations
… And everything else you need to make “out of office” your permanent reality.
Travel While You Work also contains interviews with 13 very different business owners and freelancers – everyone from a management consultant to a circus school owner – sharing their tips for how they make their business work from anywhere in the world.
PLUS interviews with three travelling families who successfully balance entrepreneurship and education along with a life of travel.
This book won’t teach you how to start a business, or what business you should start. But if you want to take an existing business mobile (whether as a solo freelancer or the head of your own company), Travel While You Work will give you all the inspiration, resources and practical guidance you need.