Does the idea of going to a large party make your mouth go dry? Are you more comfortable on Facebook than face-to-face? You’re not alone: Ninety percent of the world suffers from minglephobia.
Jeanne Martinet has developed a cure-a sure-fire system for overcoming fears and having a great time at any type of business or social gathering.
Filled with simple techniques, tricks, tips, lines and maneuvers, and illustrated with entertaining examples, The Art of Mingling teaches you:
* Basic survival strategies for the Truly Terrified
* Opening lines and gambits that really work
* Tools and rules for keeping the conversation going in the right direction
* The all-important etiquette of escape
* Faux pas recovery techniques
* How to avoid the dumb use of smartphones
* The secret to being a good listener
* The right way to follow up online
* and much, much more!