Get a quick introduction to the technologies, tools, and techniques for programming Virtual Reality on the latest generation of desktop and mobile VR hardware. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn essential development and production concepts, including UI design, stereo rendering, 3D input, and programming VR applications for native desktop, mobile and the web.
- Understand core virtual reality programming concepts
- Learn about emerging VR hardware platforms, including Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, and Google Cardboard
- Learn the tools of the trade for developing VR: Unity3D for native desktop and mobile; Three.js and GLAM (GL and Markup) for web and browser-based mobile
- Create Unity 3D-based VR samples as you learn
- Create Web-based VR samples as you learn
- Develop working knowledge of user interface design techniques, including menus and 3D input
- Build up to a full application in the final chapter